Wednesday, June 12, 2013

My thoughts about WW

Hello everyone, it's been a busy one around here lately. The in-law's didn't say much about the chili except my FIL said thanks for the meal, so who knows what they thought about it. I gave some to a friend at work who is also doing WW and she loved it, I thought it was good so I'm not stressing about whether they liked it or not. I don't think I'm gonna make them a meal this week because my FIL is out of town and my SIL who doesn't work  is staying with the MIL.

Since several of you have asked me about what I think about WW vs. the BFC I put a little thought into it and here are my thoughts:
  • On WW some things can be high in sugar but low is points, I find this strange and  I always try to chose natural products when I can, and I am always mindful on the sugar content.
  • Hubby and I are doing WW online which I love, the website is super easy to use and it has a lot of helpful tips, success stories and links to blogs. When I track my food and activity for the day I feel good like I've earned a gold star for the day.
  • I still love and use the products I tried while doing the bfc: Jay Robb protein powder, unsweetened almond mild,  and smart and delicious low carb tortillas.
  • Even though we are eating yogurt again I prefer the plain greek yogurt because it is low in sugar and very satisfying and filling.
  • I do partake in a little of fake sugar in the light yogurts, but other than an occasional diet coke I stay away from the fake sugar, and I still use stevia to sweeten things.
  • It is really nice to be eating fruit again I especially missed having apples, but from what I learned on the BFC I limit the amount and portion size because even though the sugar in fruit is natural we still don't need to go gung ho on it.
  • I have not gone back to drinking or using milk, I think it's gross and unhealthy, and whenever a recipe calls for low-fat milk I always use the unsweetened almond milk and I can't even tell the difference.
  • I have found I need to  be careful in some of the WW recipes I try many of them rely heavily on fake sugar or other low-fat products with creepy ingredients. Basically I try to stick to my food philosophy even when it's hard. (especially cool whip)
  • If I can think of anything else I'll try to write it down so I remember to share, half the time my good ideas are long gone by the time I sit down to post :)
On other non-diet news last weekend hubby put down our dining room carpet that my in-laws gave us, it's the perfect size for the space, and now that we have that down we can start looking for fabric to recover the dining room set. Hubby also set up the our guest bed, my in-laws have given us so much of their time and stuff that I think we should have a plack  to commemorate their generosity. Slowly very slowly this house is coming together.

Trader Joe's Gourmet Chicken MeatballsThis week I made hubby buffalo chicken in the crock pot from inspiration from the skinnytaste site. I put two frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot on low with a cup of franks buffalo sauce and let it cook all day, when I got home I took it out shredded it and added the rest of the buffalo sauce. Hubby loved it! I put the chicken on a skinnybun with a little light blue cheese for a quick tasty dinner. I didn't make any for myself because I don't usually care for anything buffalo due to the tabasco. Instead I cooked a spaghetti squash, I added veggies, low sugar spaghetti sauce from Trader Joe's, several chicken meatballs also from Trader Joe's, fresh basil, and moz....Yummm. Tomorrow's lunch is zucchini, broccoli, chicken meatball, TJ spaghetti sauce, ricotta, fresh basil and Italian parsley, ricotta and parm.



I guess that's all for now, the moral of this story is life is good over here at the McCoy house, have a wonderful day :)

7 comments:

  1. Love the comparison Katie. It basically sounds like you are on a modified BFC plan but counting points not sugars and carbs. I have learned so much from the BFC and the blogs and I agree that I could never go back to milk. I wish I knew all that I know back when I was raising my kids. I gave them so much of what I now know to be junk. I thought OJ and milk and pancakes were good foods to feed them for breakfast. I guess when you know better, than you do better right? Take care!! XO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie - I think that is the nice thing about Weight Watchers - you can incorporate most eating styles into the program (low-carb, vegetarian, etc.)

    Your spaghetti squash meal sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is great to hear from you and it sounds like you are doing great with a combo of both diets. I have found a lot of great stuff in WW Like the MIM. Muffin in a minute that everyone else has altered. haha have a great one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you are really finding a nice balance. I have actually been pretty good for a week, back on BFC. I have to say though, that I do eat fruit if it's fresh and available. I guess I choose to believe it has health benefits and go with it. I haven't had real milk in forever either and I don't miss it at all. I had cheerios with the UVAM yesterday and it was quite satisfying. At the end of the day, I still believe it comes down to burning more calories than we put into our bodies along with choosing the right foods.
    It sounds like you were blessed with great in laws!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Katie, it sounds like you are doing great! I think it is a good combination you have found, using the WW and the BFC principles together. I think that once you do BFC for any length of time, it would be really difficult to unlearn the rules, especially given what we know about sugar and carbs. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very good here. I like it.

    ReplyDelete