Since several of you have asked me about what I think about WW vs. the BFC I put a little thought into it and here are my thoughts:
- On WW some things can be high in sugar but low is points, I find this strange and I always try to chose natural products when I can, and I am always mindful on the sugar content.
- Hubby and I are doing WW online which I love, the website is super easy to use and it has a lot of helpful tips, success stories and links to blogs. When I track my food and activity for the day I feel good like I've earned a gold star for the day.
- I still love and use the products I tried while doing the bfc: Jay Robb protein powder, unsweetened almond mild, and smart and delicious low carb tortillas.
- Even though we are eating yogurt again I prefer the plain greek yogurt because it is low in sugar and very satisfying and filling.
- I do partake in a little of fake sugar in the light yogurts, but other than an occasional diet coke I stay away from the fake sugar, and I still use stevia to sweeten things.
- It is really nice to be eating fruit again I especially missed having apples, but from what I learned on the BFC I limit the amount and portion size because even though the sugar in fruit is natural we still don't need to go gung ho on it.
- I have not gone back to drinking or using milk, I think it's gross and unhealthy, and whenever a recipe calls for low-fat milk I always use the unsweetened almond milk and I can't even tell the difference.
- I have found I need to be careful in some of the WW recipes I try many of them rely heavily on fake sugar or other low-fat products with creepy ingredients. Basically I try to stick to my food philosophy even when it's hard. (especially cool whip)
- If I can think of anything else I'll try to write it down so I remember to share, half the time my good ideas are long gone by the time I sit down to post :)
This week I made hubby buffalo chicken in the crock pot from inspiration from the skinnytaste site. I put two frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot on low with a cup of franks buffalo sauce and let it cook all day, when I got home I took it out shredded it and added the rest of the buffalo sauce. Hubby loved it! I put the chicken on a skinnybun with a little light blue cheese for a quick tasty dinner. I didn't make any for myself because I don't usually care for anything buffalo due to the tabasco. Instead I cooked a spaghetti squash, I added veggies, low sugar spaghetti sauce from Trader Joe's, several chicken meatballs also from Trader Joe's, fresh basil, and moz....Yummm. Tomorrow's lunch is zucchini, broccoli, chicken meatball, TJ spaghetti sauce, ricotta, fresh basil and Italian parsley, ricotta and parm.
I guess that's all for now, the moral of this story is life is good over here at the McCoy house, have a wonderful day :)