Monday, January 30, 2012

Hello everyone, sorry I have been a bit of a blogging bum lately sometimes I just get in a funk and I feel I have nothing to say. But I do have good news I have lost some of my holiday weight :) Hubby and I decided to do the Fast Track Detox Diet by Ann Louise Gittleman, the author of the Fat Flush Plan. It is a one day detox but you spend the week before preparing for the detox. You avoid caffeine, chocolate, dairy, alcohol, processed food, excess fat and wheat products. You prepare by eating veggies from the crucifer family, green leafy veggies, sulfur rich foods, liver healers, fiber such as flax or psyllium and lots of water. And for three days after the detox you eat the same way.

Last week before starting to prepare for the detox: me 136.5 hubby: 183.5
Day before detox: me: 134.5 hubby 179.4
The day after the detox: me: 133.5 hubby:177.0

I feel wonderful, my mind and body feel fresh and clear. This one day detox was just the thing I needed to shake things up and to rid my body of some toxins. My next plan is to do the ft for awhile and continue to exercise consistently (I have been doing wonderful this month, and being able to look at all my stickers in my day planner is very helpful to me)

Hubby and I are now proud owners of our very own scale, which makes it nice to have consistent weigh in times. I hope everyone is having a nice start to their week, I want to give my new followers a shout out, thanks for deciding to follow my blog I hope I don't disappoint you :)

8 comments:

  1. Wow Katie, that diet worked fast!! Good for you! The day leading up to the detox sounds pretty similar to BFC, but maybe more restricted. Good job on the exercise. I'm actually finding exercise not as bad as I thought it would be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep us posted Katie. I've read some of her books, and used some of her recipes.
    Congrats on having your very own scale :)...it's the simple things, right@

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good. I mentioned over at Dawn's blog that sometimes I simply need to fast because my metabolism is sluggish and "off". This sounds like it would work good as well since you are not eating heavy stuff. Maybe it would be good for me to give it a try. At least this way I would still be getting nutrients in me, whereas when I fast, I don't eat any food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read that book, think I still have it in my library. :)Did you purchase the supplements she recommends? I think that's the only reason i've never followed through with the detox. But a lot of the stuff in the book is great, and I love the cranberry water drink!

    And, congrats on the scale! I don't know how you managed this long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Great results. I don't know if I can give up all that stuff for a whole week. YOu both did awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job Ms. Katie! I think shaking things up once in awhile is a good thing. I just shook my metabolism up a ton with excess sugar:( It was so worth it at the time. Thank goodness I didn't do too much damage.
    I am going to get back on exercise too, I am!
    It is cool that you have your husband to do this with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Job, Katie! I like the fat flush and try to drink the lemon water to help my poor liver!
    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw something about this diet and I meant to look it up, since it is always called Fast Track. Very interesting! Let us know if the lbs stay off after a fast, or do they all come right back.

    ReplyDelete