Good morning everyone, it's early here but right now it's the most realistic part of my day to share. Good news!!!! I have meet my goal for July and I am down from 145 to 140!!! Whoo Hoo!! My next goal is to get to 135. I've been working hard hitting the gym, I love group exercise classes, I find that I work harder in them than I do on my own. We have basically been doing the fast track for the past several weeks so we can eat some of the yummy summer fruit, but starting next week we will go back to the regular bfc. We are going camping with our family and hubby told me last night he wants to be able to eat some sandwiches while we are camping.
I have been sitting on an article from a free weekly paper the Pinch that has some helpful tips about weight loss in the summer. "5 Surprising Summer Habits that Pack on the Pounds"
1. Load Up on Sugar (duh lol) most processed foods are full of sugar, but added sugar can also be found in processed meats.
2. Skimp on Protein and Fat: people who eat protein and fat in every meal are less likely to overeat.
3. Eat more Breakfast Cereal, which won't keep you full very long.
4. Fill up on Fruit and Fruit Juice...sugar sugar sugar. A good way to balance out fruit and vegetable intake is to eat 3-4 servings non-starchy veggies with each serving of fruit.
5. Reward Yourself after every Workout: it doesn't take much to offset what you burn in a workout.
Number 5 Don't reward yourself after every workout is the tip that works best for me it is so easy for me to think "I worked out this morning and a little of ___ won't hurt" I have been good lately not giving in to that thought, I have been staying away from all the sugary carby goodness at work.
I hope everyone is doing great and enjoying the wonderful summer weather while we have it!!!!