Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Hello friends, Happy August!!! First of all things are moving forward with our house (for anyone who doesn't know we are in the process of buying a house that is in short sale) nothing official to share just yet but it's looking like it could be soon.

Yesterday hubby commented that my shorts are much loser than they were when I first put them on this summer...I said yes when they didn't fit it was a small crisis...he then said that when my clothes don't fit I don't treat it like a small crisis...LOL. SO TRUE. That reminded me that I have made some progress and I need to keep it up, because it's easy to make some progress then slack for a bit because I think I can. This weekend we have friends coming into town and we are hoping they will come over for dinner Friday if their schedules allow. Whenever we hang out with these friends we usually drink, I have been not drinking at all lately because my slim down goals are important to me and at this stage in the game I feel like alcohol throws me off my game. I have been giving myself pep talks all week about how I can totally hang out and have a good time and not have anything to drink.

Instead of having a cold beer I will have lots of water or iced tea. I am not just trying to lose a couple of pounds I am trying to work on my self-discipline which is a large part of the bigger picture. It's easy to think "I need to be skinny" but I am more concerned with being healthy. Eating right and getting enough exercise is sooo important, I hope that by taking good care of myself I can avoid some  health problems later on in life. :) Big hugs to everyone :)

5 comments:

  1. I will wish you luck and good thoughts! I am very blessed to not have a hankering for alcohol, I really think it helps in many ways. Maybe have your tea or water in the same glass as everyone drinking their beer or wine?
    I can't wait for you to have good news on the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting about the house; can't wait for you to move in. How about getting the Refresh sugar free mixers that Amber's posted about? I got a couple of them, and they are really good. The mojito flavor is my favorite. It's really refreshing and satisfying to drink, and it looks so pretty dressed up with some sprigs of mint.

    http://www.meandjorge.com/2012/05/product-review-refine-cocktail-mixers.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a good point about self discipline. That's what its really all about isn't it. Makes me rethink my own wine loving ways!! Not sure I'm there yet!! Good luck with the house! Sending hugs and love! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is such an important part of our health to have self control. I know its hard - but you can do it if thats what you really want. Great job BTW on your shorts. I know short sales take a while - but worth it if you can wait - Great news :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katie, trying to catch up on the blogs. Self discipline is definitely key. It is so easy to talk ourselves into a slip up. I think you are doing an amazing job have staying on course.

    ReplyDelete