Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Back from camping

Belly Good Camping Snacks
Hello everyone it's been a busy several days since we got home from camping on Sunday. We had a wonderful time, the weather was perfect to be camping by a river, we spent our days rafting or playing down by the water. We had a disappointing change in plans, my aunt, uncle and cousins were in an accident on the way over no one was hurt, but their truck and trailer was damaged so they were not able to come :( So we invited my in laws and we had a wonderful time with them.

Camping food was great, for breakfast one day we had Rudi's English muffin sandwiches with turkey sausage patties, cheese and eggs. Hubby and I had tacos on smart and delicious tortillas, and instead of having pancakes I had and Ezekiel bread breakfast sandwich. We also snacked a lot on mission tortilla chips and spinach artichoke dip and jalapeno artichoke dip from costco that our folks brought super yummy!!!

Life is good back on the ole home front, it's been fun catching up with what everyone is up to on their blogs. I am excited to see Sherri and Lindsay back!!! This little blog community is pretty amazing. I hope everyone had a wonderful hump day Wednesday! :)



Enjoying a beer on the river :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow I am jealous - I have not been camping for a long time. All your food and snacks long so great. What we have learned about food now huh?
    You both look so cute in your picture.
    Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those snacks and you guys look so great! I sure wish I was on that river right now!! Sounds so nice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great!
    I haven't tried the Joseph's cookies? Are they good? I haven't had cheese it's for awhile either. These are good reminders of yummy things for our lifestyle.
    I haven't camped in 13 years. I do miss it sometimes. I was laying in the grass looking at the sky with my grandson yesterday and thought how cool it would be to do that at night. It has been so beautiful lately.
    I'm glad you are back! I've missed your posts:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katie. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I'm not much of a camper, but I never have given it a try, except with the girl scouts. I always say my idea of roughing it, is a holiday inn without a blow dryer! It's nice to have you back!

    ReplyDelete