Saturday, July 30, 2011

Perfect summer Saturday

Good evening everyone, today was a perfect summer Saturday. The weather was hot, hot, hot and hubby and I went to the lake for the day. We walked through the downtown area which made us miss the beach cities of SCal. I think while we were walking my dress and bag rubbed off some of the sunscreen on my shoulders because they got a little pink :( I am very fair skinned so I apply sunscreen all over before I leave the house and try to remember to reapply throughout the day. When we came home our apt was cool and I took a nice nap. Life is good :)

On Wednesday we are going camping with my folks my aunt and uncle and some cousins. This is the first year that my hubby is able to come and everyone is looking forward to having him there. I am trying ot come up with a good assortment of bfc approved snacks to bring since there will be an abundance of sugary items. Lauren's healthy indulgences blog has a recipe for homemade sugar free marshmallows that I am going to try. Last Christmas I made homemade marshmallows and caramels, so I am very excited to make some belly friendly ones. I hope they will roast up nicely :)

Well, I guess that's all for now I will be sure to share how the sugar free marshmallows turn out and what we take camping. I want to get better about sharing what I eat and the kinds of food I am taking camping. When I first started the bfc I saw an video on youtube that Amber posted where she talked about the things she uses on the bfc and it was super helpful for me when I was a bfc newbie. I also love the video that Rosalie did of the bfc products she uses. It is easy to lose track of all the good bfc food we are allowed when we go places where everything is bad carb and high in sugar. I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend, you guys are awesome and I appreciate everyone so much!!!
Oh and I almost forgot to say that I bought the spinach artichoke cream cheese and didn't make it myself :)

Breakfast: black coffee, 2 small smart and delicious tortillas with spinach artichoke cream cheese, baby spinach, small amount of diced tomatoes and two fried eggs.

Snacks at the Lake: celery, cucumbers, pistachios, peach sun tea, 1/2 of flax muffiny thing with peanut butter

Dinner: 2 small smart and delicious tortillas tacos, one with fish and the other chicken, colby cheese, little bit sour cream, napa cabbage, avocado, handful guacamole chips. After dinner water with chia fiber.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Katie! It sounds like you are doing a good job planning the food for the camping trip - that is 90% of the work! If you have good foods with you you will be less tempted to eat the bad food everyone else is bringing. Good luck with the sugar free marshmallows - how cool is that!?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like you had a great day yesterday. I was wondering where you have found the smaller smart and delicious tortilla's? The costco ones are so supper size and a small one would go down so much easier. I still like those flax meal creations too…I made up a two cup mix with all the dry ingredients so all I have to do is scoop out ¼ cup, add a little oil, my egg and any additives that sound good! This time I even zested the peel of an orange right into the dry mix and it tastes so good. Have fun on the camping trip! You deserve to have some fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I am curious how the home made marshmallows will be. I have never heard of anyone ever doing that.
    Have a great time camping :-)

    ReplyDelete