Thursday, June 30, 2011

Feelin much better today :)

Hi friends, thank you for such encouraging words I really appreciate it! Hubby and I are taking every one's advice and just brushing it off, it's her problem not ours. She is almost a 60 yr old woman who wants to be caty and petty through the grapevine and that seems pretty sad. I love that expression Pattie no good deed goes unpunished and I use it often. In the end more good came out of the situation than bad and we are thankful we were able to live out there. It was an idyllic farm with a white picket fence, red barn and tree lined driveway. We had our first garden, hosted Thanksgiving and learned that farm living is not for us. It also saved us from going into crazy debt. A month after hubby was out of the Marines I fell and broke my knee cap in half, requiring three surgeries and lots of physical therapy. When I fell we had not insurance, but were able to purchase cobra from the military. It's good to remember that the positive outweighs the negative and to move on.

I am looking forward to the long weekend, hubby and I plan to relax and spend time with family. On Sunday we are having a bbq with my in-laws and hubby's sister and her boyfriend. Hubby is making ribs and he is going to make some bfc friendly ones with out bbq sauce :) Things are good on the bfc and I think this is a lifestyle we can really stick to. I don't know how much I weigh but I feel good. I am hoping to get some new clothes this weekend on sale.

Well I guess that's all for now. All my bfc friends are awesome and I appreciate all of you. Have a wonderful Thursday :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katie...thanks for the encouraging words. Just wanted to share something. My husbands Grandmother was simply put, the spawn of satan! She was just evil. When she died we all felt a sense of relief. There is nothing you can do with people who chose to be bitter. No amount of prayer works either, I tried.

    I'm glad to hear that you at least had a chance to live on a farm, not many people do. I used to live on a working ranch. It's hard work, but very rewarding. We had about 3500 head of cattle, 18 horses, milking cows, and chickens. I don't think most people can appreciate how hard it is to have a ranch, it's brutal!

    Three Surgery's? My Sister just had knee surgery and is not doing well. I may have to go up there and help her this next week. She lives up 3 flights of stairs! No elevator.

    Enjoy your BBQ on Sunday, and the ribs....YUM. Take care, and look forward to hearing from you soon.

    Mayra

    ReplyDelete