Monday, April 11, 2011

13th Week BFC Day 7

Hello friends, I hope everyone had a nice Monday. I had a strange day, I felt anxious and nervous for most of the day...because at work some of my co-workers are moving depts and I might have to work in an area I don't want to since I am low man on the totem poll. I was able to catch my boss in a good moment to tell him that I really like working where I am and would prefer to stay there if possible. I hope it all works out only time will tell...whatever happens I am very grateful to have a job. Things were getting stressful at home, I'm sure everyone can relate to money stress.

Anyway, after work I went grocery shopping I bought a lot of greens today, mustard greens, kale, chard I am planning to have a good food week. I really wanted a glass of wine tonight, but I am breaking from bad habits of drinking to deal with stress, I feel good about myself and the progress I am making. It helps that we don't have any alcohol in the house.

Yesterday after I wrote my blog hubby and I cheated and went to cold stone to use a gift certificate from Christmas, it was only the 2nd time hubby and I have gone out for ice cream together....and holy crap I just looked up the info and the small like it size I got of cake batter with oreos added in for a grand total of 42g of sugar. Just about three days sugar in a tiny bowl. CRAZY. 

Well, I'm back on the wagon now and I don't feel bad about my cheat yesterday I'm just gonna do well the rest of the week. It's easy to let one cheat lead to another but I'm not gonna go down that rabbit hole again. I've been inspired by Kasey and her juicing. When we lived in CA hubby and I juiced a lot, we bought a juicer/food processor from the folks who make the bagic bullet...it worked great for a year, then died on us. Today I used an old juicer from my grandparents the miracle juicer. It's kinda a pain in the ass to clean, but I can live with that. Today I juiced some celery, Italian parsley and ginger...very yummy.

Breakfast: 1/2c oatmeal, sliced almonds, strawberry barleans

Snack: 1 smart and delicious tortilla, crustless quiche

Lunch: salad with spinach, radishes, asparagus, celery, sliced almonds, blue cheese, kalamata olives...I ate half for lunch and the rest for dinner

Dinner: rest of salad, celery, parsley and ginger juice

*19th day pilates

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean with money stress! I have that issue all the time especially with my hubby having his own business. I am the only guaranteed income each week so its nerve racking. Hopefully your boss will listen to your wishes about staying where you are currently. :) Well we both had cheats this week, but its okay every once in a while that will happen I think. I am going really low carb this week (like Atkins low carb), but still following BFC other rules. I just wanna get down more after this past week or so not really losing. Your juicing sounds interesting...not sure if I would like those particularly veggies without a fruit juiced in, but if you like it. That's great! :) Maybe I will have to try sometime if I ever buy a juicer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Katie, we can relate and all have money problems. Hubby is the only one working and you how expensive it is to live over here in southern California.
    I hope everything works out well at your job. I know how stressful it must be not knowing what is gonna happen, but don't let that be a reason to go eat - OK?
    Everything happens for a reason.
    Have a great day - Just smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Money stress is hitting all of us! I know that when I want to buy my favorite berries and they have doubled in price in 2 weeks, that stinks!!!
    Good luck on your staying in your department, don't cheat again, and how did that ice cream taste? No don't tell me:)

    ReplyDelete