Thursday, April 14, 2011

14th Week BFC Day 3

Good news today we got a car!!! Whoo hoo!!! For anyone who doesn't know our car was stolen from our designated parking spot behind our apt Feb 11th...they found the car two weeks later, and it was determined that it was totaled. Thankfully we had comprehensive insurance on it in case something like that happened. So, we were borrowing a taho from my husband's boss until we got a car. Today we got a 2003 white ford taurus that was a government turn back with only 16,000 miles on it. I am so grateful to have a car again, I have loved the taho, but I always feel nervous that something will happen and it's not ours.

Today the weather was crappy which was especially disappointing because it started out sunny. My mood matched the weather, I realized when I was cranky for no good reason that I am pmsing. I think I need to go tanning, it's not something I do often, in fact I haven't in several years, but our weather is so crappy and I think a nice couple of weeks would do me some good. I know it is bad for you, but what isn't? Up here in Washington we are coffee addicts and we suffer from the seasonal disorder SAD to some degree. But I have to wait to tan until I am done with my antibiotics I am taking for this rash on my face, it's a problem I've had before I have sensitive skin. I learned the hard way that when they tell you that your medication will make you sensitive to the sun they mean it. Several years ago I was on an antibiotic and I was out for only 1-2hrs without sunblock and I got a terrible terrible burn, I could actually feel my skin burning when I was outside.

Well, I guess that's all for now...I hope everyone has an awesome Friday :)

Breakfast: 2 flax seed muffiny things with strawberry barleans, almond butter, redi whip, black coffee and some weird juice I made: mustard greens (gross, I don't even know why I bought them) spinach, celery, lemon, ginger

Lunch: spinach salad with chicken, asparagus, cashews, peanuts, blue cheese, kalamata olives, summer squash, ranch dressing...too much crap in my salad and it didn't sit right in my tummy :(

Dinner: toast with butter, 1 baby bell. black coffee with 1 shot brandy

*20th day pilates

2 comments:

  1. I need to tan, I am so pasty white, lol!! I stopped tanning after I read an article and my grandmother had some skin cancerous moles. I don't mean to scare you, its just I don't know it sorta freaked me out so I stopped. A couple times hear and there won't hurt, but I wouldn't become an avid tanner. Spray tans are probably much healthier skins wise, but who knows those chemicals may be bad too. ;) Your right there are so many things people research and find out that are bad for us. I got air brushed one time by an actual person. Looks much better then spray tans, but you gotta be willing to stand sorta naked in front of a stranger. lol!! Well depends if you care for tans line lol. I did this before I got married with a friend of mine and we were laughing the whole time because we felt like cars in the shop getting air brushed haha!! Cuz they use that same little air brush gun. Anyways, just shared some thoughts. Your food looks great, as always!!

    Yay for the car!! Glad your insurance covered it!! Sometimes insurance is worth something after paying all that money. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Katie - I agree with Lindsay, Laying in the sun is BAD - BAD! Not only does it cause cancer, but it also makes you get wrinkles later and makes you look old and ugly. I stopped laying in the sun a long, long time ago.
    I think thats one of the reasons people think I look younger.
    I just bought some of that spray tanning stuff - I am gonna try on my legs. Have somewhere to go sunday and I am pastey white also.
    I am so happy for you about the new car. Yeah!
    Have a good day :-)

    ReplyDelete